- Operate the assigned equipment to manufacturer’s and Quality Assurance specifications, supplying the packaging equipment with product as scheduled and in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a dairy processing facility preferred.
- Must be able to operate filling equipment, adhering to all quality assurance, productivity, OSHA and safety standards.
- Organize change overs and minimize downtime.
- Work closely with the shift supervisor to be able to reach established daily goals.
- Monitor and control all filling weight, filling speed, temperatures, pressures and flow of product throughout the processing cycle in accordance with established Quality Assurance standards.
- Adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to laboratory for analysis prior to all finished products being packaged.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning / sanitizing and operating per manufacturer instructions.
- Ensure the filling area is cleaned during downtime.
- Address any unusual losses immediately to the shift supervisor.
- Must be willing to cover a filling or fruit operator or packaging position if there is a call-in.
- Must be able to train new operators on the filling and fruit equipment.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must be able to compute rate and percent
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds.
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Required to wear food safety / sanitation clothing.
- This position necessitates conformance to personal hygiene regulations.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure compliance with all programs and ensure documentation is completed accurately.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and / or humid conditions.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment (PPE) provided by the Company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- The employee is expected to obey all safety rules.
- Must be able to work with others.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Must be able to organize work.
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers.
- Must maintain professional attitude.
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees and others with whom contact occurs.
Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.