The Food Science Intern will assist the R&D and Quality Managers on developing new yogurt samples, conducting market research, and working on an independent study project. This role will collaborate with various internal resources including R&D, Quality, and Sales and Marketing.
- Develop yogurt samples for customers meeting turn around time requirements
- Conduct market research on ingredients and nutritional information of other types of yogurt
- Research plant based yogurt and report findings
- Conduct an independent research project on agreed upon topic and report findings
- Analyze and understand data, results, and scientific literature to advance projects.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Follow established guidelines for good housekeeping, GMPs, SQF, and safety.
- Work collaboratively with R&D and Quality Technicians and Managers and other internal colleagues to meet target objectives.
- Present prototypes, project status, updates and outcomes to team and stakeholders.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- A food science undergraduate student with interest in hands-on food product development and Quality testing using laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment/processes.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Experience with dairy and yogurt formulation is preferred.
- Familiarity with experimental design, statistical data analysis and interpretation of results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written technical communication skills, e.g. making presentations and communicating to customers.
- Ability to think and work independently while collaborating with others in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work 40hrs/week during the internship term (10 weeks).
Desired behavior, personal attributes:
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, Creative problem-solver
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ehrmann Commonwealth Dairy does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree Program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- Develop yogurt samples for customers and in house brand product development