A Filler Operator is a key position at CWD. They are primarily responsible for ensuring their machine runs as smoothly as possible to fill yogurt containers in a efficient, clean and hygienic manner. Therefore, ideal candidates need to be very responsible and reliable. The ability to trouble shoot and multi-task is important as is the ability to communicate in a professional manner. Experience running production machinery is preferable, but we will train motivated candidates. Knowledge of the food industry is also plus, but not required. Read below for more details.
Filling/Packaging Machine Operator
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Commonwealth Dairy, L.L.C. may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
To operate the assigned equipment to manufacturer’s and quality assurance specifications, supplying the packaging equipment with product as scheduled and in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Must be able to operate filling equipment, adhering to all quality assurance, productivity, OSHA, and safety standards.
- Must be able to assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/sanitizing and operating per manufacture instructions
- Filling Operator must monitor and control all filling weight, filling speed, temperatures, pressures, and flow of product throughout the processing cycle in accordance with established quality assurance standards.
- Filling Operator must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to laboratory for appraisal prior to all finished products being packaged.
- Must monitor and control the flow of product from processing to packaging-
- Operators must have communication skills and be able to direct a small group of employees in the absence of a Crew leader or Supervisor in order to keep the flow of production moving.
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
- Previous experience in a dairy processing facility preferred but not necessary.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Maintaining food safety and food quality through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a sanitary manner.
- Required to wear food safety/sanitation clothing.
- This position necessitates conformance to personal hygiene regulations.
- Report food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Ensure all programs are being upheld and documentation is current.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Must have the ability to write simple correspondence and complete manufacturing documentation completely. Ability to effectively present information to other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and stretch and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must have full range of body motion.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Must be able to work with others;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks effectively;
- Must be able to organize work;
- Must be able to maintain good relations with co-workers;
- Must maintain professional attitude;
- Must show courtesy to co-workers, customers, relatives of employees, and others with whom contact occurs.
- Any other duties assigned by management.