This individual will be responsible for validating and overseeing the plant sanitation and food safety programs. The ideal candidate will be able to perform audits on all milk processing and filling CIP circuits, as well as environmental cleaning. This role performs general cleaning and CIPs as needed, along with other tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures the plant sanitation program is being effective in cleaning properly in accordance to the plant master sanitation program.
- Performs verification audits on all CIP circuits, which include program verification, along with both visual inspections and ATP swabs.
- Is the main contact with the plant’s sanitation chemical supplier(s).
- Responsible for ensuring bulk chemicals are unloaded properly.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate chemical inventory and usage.
- Works with both production and QA to ensure master sanitation is performed according to schedule and the PMO.
- Has an understanding of the PMO and SQF level 3 requirements.
- Able to trouble shoot CIP systems when issues are found.
- Able to provide recommendations to further improve the plants master sanitation program and general food safety systems.
- Forward thinking, able to keep the plant up to date with new techniques and processes in sanitation and food safety.
- Willing to fill in sanitation positions when needed.
- Able to train all plant personnel in best sanitation practices and procedures.
- Able to help accompany the QA manager during all internal and external audits.
- Able to provide a food safety review, along with providing improvement recommendations on all new equipment.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of previous QA or sanitation experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, takes initiative, requires minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Reading and math skills
- Proven problem-solving skills
- The ability to travel locally
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Lifting up to 75 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to read and distinguish fine print
- Subject to indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Must be able to climb ladders and step-ladders*
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At least 50% employer paid premium for:
Employer paid Short-Term Disability
Employer paid Basic Life / AD&D
Supplemental Life offering