In a food processor, blender, or with an immersion blender, blend the carrot juice, one mashed avocado, ginger and coconut milk until smooth.
In a large skillet or cast iron pan, heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown, turning until browned on both sides. Remove to a plate. In the same pan, saute? the onion until translucent. Add garlic and saute? for another minute until soft.
Reduce the heat to medium and pour the carrot juice and avocado mixture into the pan. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for a few minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in the red curry paste and lime juice. Stir in 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro. Turn off the heat.
In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the room temperature yogurt. Slowly add a ladle full of the hot carrot broth into the yogurt mixture, whisking continuously. Then, off the heat, slowly pour the yogurt mixture into the carrot broth, whisking continuously. This tempering technique stabilizes the yogurt to keep it from curdling.
Add the chicken breasts and any accumulated juices back into the pan. Simmer at the very lowest heat for about 6-7 minutes, until the chicken is just cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve the chicken and broth in a bowl with jasmine rice, and garnish with chopped avocado, remaining chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, and toasted coconut, if desired. Drizzle with remaining avocado oil.
- 1 cup Green Mountain Creamery Coconut Greek Yogurt, 0% fat, at room temperature
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 2 avocados, one mashed, one reserved for garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups (1 can) coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, (reserve 2 tablespoons for drizzling)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut in half
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted (if desired)